Last week Yandex announced its Q1 2018 financial results, which included several important updates relating to Yandex’s Russian search market share and paid advertising in 2018.
Yandex’s Russian search market share has continued positive trends on mobile, particularly on Android devices where it has grown 8.3% YOY from Q1 2017 to Q1 2018. Search queries in Russia also grew 10% compared to Q1 2017.
Q1 2018 Yandex Russian Search Market & Advertising Updates
- Share of Russian search market, including mobile, averaged 56.5% in Q1 2018, up from 54.7% in Q1 2017 and flat compared with 56.5% in Q4 2017, according to Yandex.Radar
- Search share on Android in Russia was 46.3% in Q1 2018, up from 45.0% in Q4 2017 and 38.0% in Q1 2017
- Search queries in Russia grew 10% compared with Q1 2017
- Paid clicks on Yandex’s and its partners’ websites, in aggregate, increased 7% compared with Q1 2017
- Average cost per click grew 8% compared with Q1 2017
Greg Abovsky, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of Yandex commented, “The pace of innovation and new product launches continues. We unveiled exciting new products this quarter, including Yandex.Drive, a by-the-minute car rental service, and Yandex.Cloud, our virtual cloud computing infrastructure, which is now in technical preview.”