Yandex Turbo pages will help you boost your mobile conversions
According to the Mediascope data referenced here, 69% of the Russian population uses mobile devices to go online. Out of these, 22.6% use exclusively mobile devices. The number of mobile Internet users in Russia is going to grow. It is expected to hit 62.5% by 2023, according to eMarketer.
In many cases, mobile users in Russia experience slow load times. As a result, they may decide not to wait for a particular webpage to load.
Interestingly, slow load times and unsatisfactory user experience can also plague Russian desktop users. Telecom Daily research shows the following (based on the Searchengines.ru interview with Stanislav Makeev, the Turbo pages project lead):
- 72% of Internet users in Russia experience website page loading issues regularly
- 43% mentioned experiencing these issue several times a week, and
- 29% are struggling with loading issues on a daily basis
Enter Yandex Turbo pages.
In 2018, Yandex launched Turbo pages to help advertisers boost their bottom line when targeting mobile-first Internet users in Russia. Turbo pages allow mobile and desktop users to view information on the page in seconds.
According to Stanislav Makeev, Turbo pages are a versatile tool that can be used in a variety of scenarios, from setting up a landing page in Yandex.Direct to creating a mobile-friendly website version that loads immediately. In addition to optimizing for slow mobile Internet connections, Turbo pages can help improve load times for desktop users.
In addition, Turbo pages are integrated with other Yandex services, which means that using Turbo pages can help improve customer experience – and advertisers’ bottom line as well.
In the interview with Searchengines.ru, Stanislav Makeev mentioned that Turbo pages can speed up load times for e-commerce websites by up to 15 times. In one particular e-commerce store case, a decrease in load time by 2.5-3 times led to 27% more purchases added to the cart. At the same time, the bounce rate decreased by 9%.
Targeting mobile users in Russia? Want to find out more?
Here are some useful resources:
- An overview of Turbo pages capabilities on the Russian Search Marketing blog
- Yandex press release with additional details on Turbo pages capabilities and instructions on setting up a Turbo page for your business
- Recent update of Turbo pages with new page templates optimized for different types of businesses, from fitness centers to photographers
- An article explaining setting goals for Turbo pages
If you need help optimizing your mobile-first online presence for the Russian market, get in touch with our team of experts here.